Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fixed!


Well, you may remember from my last post that I mentioned I purchased an sks at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot. Well, let me tell you the whole story.


When I got it home the gun was absolutely caked with cosmoline. I had never seen a gun with so much of the crap on it. I attempted to clean out as much as I can, but it became extremely time consuming. I spent about 4 hours on it. Eventually I thought I had cleaned it all out. I was wrong. After attempting to fire the gun, I had jam after jam after jam. To make a long story short, I eventually took it into a professional gunsmith. I just got the gun back yesterday and plan on taking it out to shoot it on Wednesday. I wasn't sure if it was cosmoline that I missed or another problem with the gun so I had the gunsmith test fire it to make sure it worked. I can't wait to shoot it!


As a side note, I am working on getting a camera so I can post my own videos. In the meantime, check out this youtuber, rugarsix. He has some great reviews and I bought my IWI Baby Eagle based of off his review and I still say it's one of the best guns I have ever purchased. He has also done a great multi part review of the sks with a youtuber named Iraqveteran8888. Here's the review of the Jerico (baby eagle):


No comments:

Post a Comment